Saturday, April 28, 2012

Frog by Mary Calmes


Frog
Weber Yates's dreams of stardom are about to be reduced to a ranch hand’s job in Texas, and his one relationship is with a guy so far out of his league he might as well be on the moon. Or at least in San Francisco, where Weber stops to see him one last time before settling down to the humble, lonely life he figures a frog like him has coming.

Cyrus Benning is a successful neurosurgeon, so details are never lost on him. He spotted the prince in a broken-down bull rider's clothing from day one. But watching Weber walk out on him keeps getting harder, and he’s not sure how much more his heart can take. Now Cyrus has one last chance to prove to Weber that it's not Weber's job that makes him Cyrus's perfect man, it's Weber himself. With the help of his sister's newly broken family, he’s ready to show Weber that the home the man’s been searching for has always been right there, with him. Cyrus might have laid down an ultimatum once, but now it's turned into a vow—he's never going to let Weber out of his life again.


                                          5 STARS 

I LOVE THIS BOOK!!! I gotta say I was so wrapped up in this book that I laughed, cried, blushed?. ok maybe not the last one, but Ms. Calmes always gets me so wrapped up in her stories that I feel like I have just watched the best love story movie ever made. Her A Matter of Time series is my all time favorite series ever written I have read it multiple times, and will be adding this book to my repeat reads. At times it is intense and I was a little worried that it would go down a different path, but I'm so glad I kept reading. Ms. Calmes (if by chance you are reading this) you are an amazing writer, I hope you continue to write more wonderful stories and I will keep buying them to read.

We start with Weber who really has a good amount of issues he has to work through, just to get him to an ok place with himself not to mention in a relationship. And work on them he does, he's completely alone no family, not alot of job prospects and sitting in the rain this cowboy broke my heart from the first page. And I loved the flash back to how he & Cyrus meet it's HOT!! Then to see how he comes to the rescue for not only Cy but Cy's sister & her kids makes him a Prince Charming in my book. Once he realizes he has lost his heart he loves unconditionally which is so well written

Cyrus is so in love with Weber that he doesn't give up on him, not in the three years since they met. I really loved that Cy refuses to  let Web's pride get in the way, it's a wonderful trait that I love from the adorable Doctor. He also has his own insecurities that he has to work through but it's worth any tears in this story Cy is determined to get his happy ever after so he goes after it with everything he's got. The issues that they work through together is even a better storyline I really liked how they communicate, a big plus i that I enjoyed.


I recommend this story, and if for some reason you haven't read a Mary Calmes story what in the world are you wanting for I promise you will be entertained to the point you will be like me and buy her books without even reading what it's about, I have complete trust that she will make me laugh, smile, cry and even bite my nails with intensity.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment