Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Dirty Kiss (A Cole McGinnis Mystery #1) & Dirty Secret (#2) by Rhys Ford


Dirty Kiss
Cole Kenjiro McGinnis, ex-cop and PI, is trying to get over the shooting death of his lover when a supposedly routine investigation lands in his lap. Investigating the apparent suicide of a prominent Korean businessman's son proves to be anything but ordinary, especially when it introduces Cole to the dead man's handsome cousin, Kim Jae-Min.Jae-Min's cousin had a dirty little secret, the kind that Cole has been familiar with all his life and that Jae-Min is still hiding from his family. The investigation leads Cole from tasteful mansions to seedy lover's trysts to Dirty Kiss, the place where the rich and discreet go to indulge in desires their traditional-minded families would rather know nothing about. It also leads Cole McGinnis into Jae-Min's arms, and that could be a problem. Jae's cousin's death is looking less and less like a suicide, and Jae-Min is looking more and more like a target. Cole has already lost one lover to violence-he's not about to lose Jae-Min too.
                                                     5 STARS
 
I have had this on my to read list for a little while and actually read it a couple of weeks ago, but since I just finished book 2 thought I would review them both together. Anyway I loved this story not only did I learn a lot about Korean culture and families but I got an exciting action packed crime drama and a really cute but intense love story all in one. Cole is PI that has been through some serious and intense emotional situations which I won't go into because I found that really pulled me into this story, when he investigates a suicide/murder for a client of Mike's whose Coles brother he meets Jae. Poor Jae has his own drama but he's a vital part of the story that's told from Cole's POV btw I loved how this mystery unfolds and how it brings Jae & Cole together, but poor Cole the guy is constantly getting shot at or the shit kicked outta him and his made up family Scarlet, Claudia & Bobby plus Jae's crazy cat I absolutely enjoyed reading this book. Very well done  Rhys Ford I couldn't wait to read the second book.

 
Dirty Secret Sequel to Dirty Kiss

Loving Kim Jae-Min isn’t always easy: Jae is gun-shy about being openly homosexual. Ex-cop turned private investigator Cole McGinnis doesn’t know any other way to be. Still, he understands where Jae is coming from. Traditional Korean men aren’t gay—at least not usually where people can see them.

But Cole can’t spend too much time unraveling his boyfriend’s issues. He has a job to do. When a singer named Scarlet asks him to help find Park Dae-Hoon, a gay Korean man who disappeared nearly two decades ago, Cole finds himself submerged in the tangled world of rich Korean families, where obligation and politics mean sacrificing happiness to preserve corporate empires. Soon the bodies start piling up without rhyme or reason. With every step Cole takes toward locating Park Dae-Hoon, another person meets their demise—and someone Cole loves could be next on the murderer’s list
 
                                                                    5 STARS
 
Now this book it went in directions I hadn't expected but absolutely loved anyway, it's still about a mystery but it has more about the way Jae & Cole are now a couple and living together plus it has  alot to do with their families mostly Coles. I will say I hated Cole's parents mostly his stepmother I think I was more shocked by the things she said than anything and that part of the story was emotional yes but explained alot of Cole's attitude and his thought process, plus it brings Jae & him closer together in a way. Cole is still getting shot at and the shit kicked outta him alot and it's still a action packed exciting thriller that brings his whole "family" together we get more story involving Scarlet (which was fascinating to say the least) Claude (and her kids I loved her story about Marcus it was intense but a well placed heart to heart) Bobby (where the hell is he meeting these guys? Trey & Rocket and OMG the bottle story o_0 ) and let's not forget Mike & and his wife I loved that they stood up for Cole the way they did. Now one little bone to pick why oh why did we get left with such an interesting cliffhanger and when (please tell me it's soon) will we get the next book to this series cause I will freak if that was it LOL I have to say I really did love both books and the stories are so worth reading I HIGHLY RECOMMEND BOTH!!!!! 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment