Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The Gravedigger's Brawl by Abigail Roux


The Gravedigger's Brawl
Dr. Wyatt Case is never happier than when he’s walking the halls of his history museum. Playing wingman for his best friend at Gravedigger’s Tavern throws him way out of his comfort zone, but not as much as the eccentric man behind the bar, Ash Lucroix.

Ash is everything Wyatt doesn’t understand: exuberant, quirky, and elbow deep in a Gaslight lifestyle that weaves history into everyday life. He coordinates his suspenders with his tongue rings. Within hours, Wyatt and Ash are hooked.

But strange things are afoot at Gravedigger’s, and after a knock to the head, Ash starts seeing things that can’t be explained by old appliances or faulty wiring. Soon everyone at Gravedigger’s is wondering if they’re seeing ghosts, or just going crazy. The answer to that question could end more than just Wyatt and Ash’s fragile relationship—it might also end their lives


                                                                         4.75 STARS

I had heard all kinds of stories surrounding this book and I can tell you it made it exciting in a way, did anything happen while I was reading it? No the only weird thing was it downloaded twice to my kindle is that spooky nah but it did get noticed LOL. Now I don't normally like spooky stories but this one is written by Abigail Roux so I HAD to read just had to, and it's a really Damn good story I wouldn't recommend reading it at bedtime like I did since I will admit I had some pretty freaky nightmares, woke the next morning and made fun of myself for getting spooked. Dr. Wyatt Case was such a fun character I mean his a historian yet isn't a believer in the paranormal, He's a little shy at first but once he realizes he really wants Ash he pulls out this inner strength that makes him almost feel like a alpha type of guy. Ash was a fascinating guy from the vintage clothes to the flairing to the way he believes in ghosts, I will say Wyatt so didn't help with the the digging into the past of the Gravedigger's Tavern but it worked so well in this story. And as secondary characters I loved Noah & Caleb and wouldn't mind reading their story, they were not only fascinating characters but sexy as hell too. Reading the way Ash gets involved in this plot was effing freaky and I admit scared the bejesus outta me, but it also made it so intriguing that I couldn't put the book down I had to finish it had to see how it ended. And was really surprised by the ending but loved it too, I don't have a tongue ring never wanted one before but now I'm thinking hmmm...maybe o_0 the vibrating one sounds interesting LOL who am I kidding my inner perv really wants one anyway I Highly Recommend but be warned don't read at night or it might just scare the crap outta you like it did me LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment