Thursday, June 14, 2012

Undercover Lovers (Urban Affairs #1) by Gale Stanley


Undercover Lovers (Urban Affairs #1)
Two undercover agents weave a web of deceit when they bed their target.

Undercover Were-agent Slade Wolfe works for the Department of Shifter Affairs. He's on special assignment to take down Jaxon Castle, a resistance leader. Slade's contact in New York is a human cop, Mike Donovan, who's hiding his real relationship with their target—he and Jaxon are lovers. When Slade beds Jaxon so he can plant his surveillance equipment, a jealous Mike freaks out.

Both agents suspect the charges have been trumped up by the Feds and they're reluctant to take Jaxon down, but the director of DSA is getting antsy and he orders Mike to kill his partner and frame Jaxon for the murder. Getting rid of his competition is tempting, but Mike can't kill an innocent man, even if it means he'll end up in DSA's crosshairs with his rival and his boyfriend.

                                                           4.75 STARS 

This is the first book of a new series called Urban Affairs and at first I wasn't sure I would like it but I kept reading and I'm so glad I did. It was an exciting intense love story for three, with enough drama and angst to have me biting my nails and enough sex to make me want a cold shower. 

All three main characters had some very intense chemistry with each other, the action/drama was an interesting but very different storyline than I've read before. Not only was the drama exciting but getting to know each character and their hopes & fears of each. And that's paramount in a series for me I want to know the characters and what they're thinking.

Jaxon seemed the Alpha yet he came across as seriously vulnerable too, I mean he loves Mike so much even though Mike's human. Slade seems the most vulnerable but what we learn about his past makes us understand why he's that way. And Mike we don't get as much back ground but we see how much his job is tearing at his love for Jaxon. These three work well as a Menage' but it isn't easy by no means. I recommend I thought this was an exciting thrilling beginning to this series in which I have already bought the second one Claiming Korey.

No comments:

Post a Comment