Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Arcanum: Vervain (Arcanum #1) by Mychael Black


Arcanum: Vervain
Detective Jonah Pierce has mourned his brother Riley's death for a decade, and he's never managed to heal. He loved Riley too much, and maybe in the wrong way. When a new rash of vampiric murders begins, Jonah's division Arcanum is called in to investigate. Sent to talk to a potential suspect, Jonah gets the shock of his life. But that's nothing compared to what comes later, when betrayal shows itself far closer than he ever expected
                                                     4.5 STARS
 I read a review on the sequel(below) and decided I really wanted to read this story. Yes it has incest in it, but honestly I didn't really get the feeling of Jonah & Riley being brothers they came across as just being together always, more like best friends but even then Damn these two were frickin' HOT!!! The action storyline is not the main point the relationship between Jonah & Riley take center stage, but as this story ended I immediately had to go buy the second book. I recommend
 
Arcanum: What Evils Lurk in the Hearts of Men
Detectives Jonah and Riley Pierce are back in another case for Arcanum, the US government's paranormal police agency. This time, however, they're headed to Berlin when a series of murders points to the enigmatic leader of a research institute. Things turn personal very quickly, though, and they find themselves in a race to stop a psychopathic mortal hellbent on finding the daywalker gene                             4.75 STARS
Now this one had more action plot to it but still had Jonah & Riley in an intense totally HOT!!! relationship. The whole day walker vampire made this story exciting add in the secondary characters and I was one happy little camper. Neither book is very long but I will say I would love to read more with this fun duo in it. I also found another author that I will need to keep an eye on. I Recommend 

No comments:

Post a Comment