Friday, July 6, 2012

Wishes by J.C. Owens


Wishes
Sex slave to an alien culture...

Lt. Auri finds his job aboard the diplomatic cruiser both frustrating and exhausting, but he's determined to prove himself to his new captain. Despite the diplomatic importance of their mission, Auri is wary of the catlike Felinians, who have a reputation for enjoying human company, willing or not. But when he's ordered to witness the signing of the trade papers with the Felininans, Auri never imagines that he's about to be betrayed.

Sold into an alien culture, Auri finds himself the newest man in the Felinian leader's erotic harem. Kanar claims him as his "mate," but Auri longs for freedom. Though his feelings for Kanar begin to grow, Auri stubbornly refuses the Felininan and the other men of his harem, leading to loneliness and grief. But how can he open himself up to his captor, and to the love of more than one partner?

                                                                 2 STARS 

I have to say I didn't like this book, one the whole being sold as a sex slave by your own country or world as it is just sucked. Then two trying to not only fit in but make yourself more accepting to being one of four mates for the person you have feelings for. As a human Auri struggles with not feeling jealous and still work out how he's feeling about now being a mate to Kanar. On top of that there's a rape which I really didn't see how that worked for this story I mean there was enough drama that I didn't see why it was necessary. It didn't help this story I felt it made it hard for me to continue reading it. I did finish this story but I will be honest and say I didn't like it at all. It just went to places that made me uncomfortable and left me with a lot of unanswered questions with some serious confusion. The descriptions of the Felininans made me think of  an old movie with Jeff Goldblum in it "Earth Girls are Easy" which did make me laugh because I couldn't keep from picturing the aliens. I don't recommend  it's diffidently not for the faint of heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment