Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A Couple More Reviews for Ya

Like I said I have read a lot lately, and while I may have loved the story of some books I have noticed some pretty bad (and I mean) bad editing it's not even the stories really it's simple things like switching the characters names like one will be doing something and the other answers "Sam whispered in Sams ear" Just a generic made up sentence but you get what I'm talking about right?  And then I will have to go back and make sure I didn't mix them up And once or twice doesn't bother me I mean hell I do it all the time Damn Autocorrect  LOL Around Christmas was the worst I don't know if everybody was in a rush to get out the holiday stories or what but if I spend more than three bucks for an ebook and if around the fifth time in the first chapter I will just stop reading and then I get frustrated which makes me leary of reading or buying books by that author which has happened recently one author that I would buy their books as soon as they were out I now wait to see if any other reviewer complains first before I buy it. Of course I also pay attention the who publishes it too, and I will just stop buying from that publishing house if I keep reading crappy editing. I love to read so I don't mind buying books but watch the editing please it can sometimes not always but sometimes reflects poorly on that author. Now that I'm done complaining sorry that damn ocd acts up sometimes LOL I will get to some stories that didn't have bad editing and that I enjoyed reading:


THE LAWMAN'S LIBRARIAN by Rebecca Brochu *5 STARS I loved this romantic comedy, it was funny and just a little sappy sweet but I adored it. Nick & Peter where just so cute and poor Nick he was fricking hilarious if you want a fun but sexy story you'll like this one I felt like the characters had great chemistry even with the shorter story I could easily picture them.

FIFTEEN SHADES OF GAY(FOR PAY) by T. Baggins *5 STARS I was totally surprised by this book I honestly thought it wouldn't be a serious story and even though it has some humor it was a beautiful and sometimes intense story. I Loved it Andrew has so much stuff to deal with and he just tugged at my heart strings so many times I wanted to just hug this character. Cormac took me a little bit longer to like but honestly this story was Awesome, I'm so glad I took the chance to pick it up. This is another example of good blurb writing it fit the story and didn't make me think it was gonna be nothing but major angst or a fluff piece. This is a must read it just is that good!

Now onto some Christmas stories hehe: I liked most of these mainly because they made me smile, not much angst but lots of love and sweet stuff (Yeah even inner perv gets sappy sometimes)

TIS THE SEASON by Lisa Worrall  *4.75 STARS An adorable sweet story I enjoyed this one

JUST ASK by Mia Downing *4.75 STARS If I see a story on Amazon Best Selling chart that has been on there like over a month or longer and I don't have it yet that usually tells me there's something there that others are enjoying so my ocd kicks in and I have to buy it. This story is one of those moments and I'm really glad that I read it it's a really great story that I sincerely enjoyed and will read more from this author definitely

WISH LIST by KA Mitchell *5 STARS Not only was this a great Holiday story but it was a flipping KA Mitchell book Damn right it was Awesome!! Definitely a gotta read now story

NEW YORK CHRISTMAS by RJ Scott *5 STARS I loved this second chance Christmas story, so much emotion and beauty in a short story that I wanted to read more. I loved this couple and seriously wanted more.

THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME by Shawn Lane *4.5 STARS another sweet holiday story that I enjoyed

Okay folks that's a wrap for me right now hopefully I'll get my lazy butt in gear and type up some more so later peeps and Happy Reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment