Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Strength of the Pack (The Tameness of the Wolf #1) by Kendall McKenna & Deadly Shades of Gold (Altered States #2) by Laura Harner, T.A. Webb


Strength of the Pack (The Tameness of the Wolf, #1)
A Marine werewolf and his commander bring legends to life while surviving combat deployment in Afghanistan.

Lieutenant Lucas Young doesn't know much about shifters. When Sergeant Noah Hammond is assigned to Lucas' platoon, the Marine Corps' True Alpha werewolf challenges the Lieutenant's authority and his self-control. As Lucas learns to dominate and command Noah, he struggles against a strong attraction and deepening emotional bond. During their combat deployment to Afghanistan, Lucas and Noah begin mirroring legendary partnerships. Their bond and their power grow as they survive dangerous combat and ambushes. When one of them is wounded in battle, they both must embrace the strength of their bond before they lose each other forever. 

                                                                    *5 STARS*

This is my second book by this author, now to be honest I wasn't a big fan of the the first book not because it wasn't a good story but mainly I felt it had too much detail in it and not enough romance I know which is a weird thing since most of the time I like alot of info in a story but in that first book I felt it took away from the characters and their chemistry but that's also just my impression of it. Now this story had me hooked right from the first page it was exactly the kind of story I was looking for there are times it's incredibly intense and honestly most of the time I really felt like smacking Lucas upside the head I mean DUH? how can you be a LT and still be so clueless right? But I really also loved how not only their Dom/Alpha relationship comes into play but how it took time for their personal relationship develops, it's a serious story since it deals alot with the war in the middle east but there is also such a sweet love story that slowly builds even though the chemistry between Lucas & Noah is so thick that you can practically touch it through this author's words. There were also a lot of funny moments even in that intense situation and I have to say I loved how the author wove this paranormal element into currant times without it feeling like fantasy but made you think huh? that could work, without even having to stop reading to think about it. So I can't wait to read the next one in this series and sure as hell hope it'll be out soon. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND 
Deadly Shades of Gold
And here's another good one!

“Wolf or vamp? Decide. It has to be now.”

Those were the last words Sam Garrett ever heard—as a human. Now on the para side of normal, the NOPD slammed the proverbial door on his career.

Travis Boudreaux knows exactly how his former partner feels—but when some doors close, the golden window of opportunity opens. Crimes against supernaturals require a new and different approach, and once the Feds show up, the Odd Squad isn’t the only law enforcement game in town.

After a revenge-seeking vampire creates deadly havoc, the new agent-in-charge is on a recruiting mission—and he’s more than ready to fight fire with fire. What do you get when you mix old friends, new enemies, and a license to kill?
                                                             *5 STARS*

I absolutely fell head over heels for the first two stories in this series YES! people there are two ALTERED STATES I think is the very first in this series then there is like a 1.5 called DEEP BLUES GOODBYE both of which were 5 STAR reads the brilliant minds and emotions of Laura Harner & TA Webb are just incredible I can't even tell you who exactly I am rooting for as a main couple I mean I love Sam & Travis and of course I want them together but I really liked Danny too and them throw in Russ & Jet well now were gonna add this hot as hell Special Agent Wayne Damn there is just soo many Hot men in this series I want them all...umm..I mean it makes for an interesting story yeah that's what I meant to say...uh anyway I loved these two incredible authors threw the paranormal into this story without me expecting it *spoiler alert* for Altered States I mean who literally wakes up at their wake LOL I loved the way this story has been going and truly can't wait to read more. I've become a huge fan for both of these authors and will continue buying more books from each they are diffidently both really good story tellers but put them together and it's a story that you will not soon forget besides Altered States is free on Amazon try this series it's amazing! HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED 

P.S. Ms. Harner & Mr. Webb Please Please Pretty Please with sugar on top I NEED to read the next book soon... I'm even giving you my puppy dog eyes right now.... 

Okay my peeps Keep on Reading and sending me suggestions I appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment