Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Bring Me to Life by Scarlett Parrish


Bring Me to Life
Nathan Stephenson died seventy years ago and he’d like the world – or at least one person – to think he stayed that way.

In 1940s London, Sergeant Nathan Stephenson ignored his rank and the expectation that he’d wait for the war to be over and find a nice girl to settle down with, and took a lover. Not only was Adam Locke unashamed of his homosexuality, he was also proud to be a vampire. Back then, he was certain that his and Nathan’s relationship would last forever, refusing to take no for an answer.

One evening, Adam went too far in his attempts to persuade Nathan to become a vampire and left a mutual acquaintance, Will Bosworth, to deal with the aftermath. What Adam doesn’t know is that Nathan didn’t die – Will brought him back to life, agreeing to keep Nathan’s continued existence a secret.

It’s now the twenty-first century and Will’s back to call in the favour. Nathan’s an honourable man and can’t say no, but the trouble is, wherever Will goes, Adam Locke can’t be far behind...


                                                                    2 STARS

I bought this book based on the blurb, it sounded different and intrigued me I wanted to like this story and but I really didn't like this story (confused yet?). I liked the premise of the storyline 1940's WWII where two guys fell in love one ends up a vamp who turns the other, which it stayed true for a  little bit then I don't know where the fuck it went. The beginning started my confusion I couldn't tell for about 6 pages in if we were in the 40's or if we were in present time, Nathan is very old fashioned even 70 yrs after he's turned, so there was a major turn off for me. I first thought it was a mystery with all the hiding and secrecy only to find out that wasn't the case, Nathan can't forgive Adam so he's almost paranoid of Adam finding him which doesn't make alot of sense since Will & Nathan make sure Adam thinks he killed his lover instead of turning him.  I will say adding Alyssa absolutely didn't work for me, I could see Will's part in it but not her's. Most of this story is told in flashbacks which was ok what I truly didn't get was if Nathan was so afraid of Adam (which I couldn't see why at all) why go see him at all...the guy thinks your dead DUH!.....Their reunion is very violent and extremely untrusting they just had too many issues between them, so how can there be true love from all that? And the ending just pissed me off. I try to be more laid back when it comes to fiction I mean vampires right? I love to be taken away to an exciting story that leaves me wanting to read more this was not that story the plot line sounded awesome but the story just didn't back it up, it left me disappointed. Not recommended

No comments:

Post a Comment