Saturday, October 13, 2012

But For You (A Matter of Time #6) by Mary Calmes


But For You (A Matter of Time #6)
Jory Harcourt is finally living the dream. Being married to US Marshal Sam Kage has changed him—it’s settled the tumult of their past and changed Jory from a guy who bails at the first sign of trouble to a man who stays and weathers the storm. He and Sam have two kids, a house in the burbs, and a badass minivan. Jory’s days of being an epicenter for disaster are over. Domestic life is good.

Which means it's exactly the right time for a shakeup on the home front. Sam’s ex turns up in an unexpected place. A hit man climbs up their balcony at a family reunion. And maybe both of those things have something to do with a witness who disappeared a year ago. Marital bliss just got a kick in the pants, but Jory won’t let anyone take his family away from him. Before he knew what it felt like to have a home, he would have run. Not anymore. He knows he and Sam need to handle things together, because that’s the only way they’re going to make it.


                                                                  5 +++++ STARS

After the crappy couple of weeks we have had I gotta say Ms. Calmes  just made it sooo much better. I started reading this last night around 10pm and finished about 4am I just couldn't put it down. Most know that my favorite character of all time is Jory from her A Matter of Time series theres just something that connects for me with this character, could be the way he's written or maybe the way he deals with any issues that come his way but I absolutely adore him. Now some people don't like kids in their romance books but as I am a mom I kinda like it if the kids are not used just for a prop, in this case I LOVED them I swear I have had almost the exact same conversations with my kids that Jory had with his it was like deja vue. LOL

From what I hear this was the last book in this series and it's ending was Surprising but AWESOME, I love strong characters who are written as sweet, sexy and sensitive without being written as doormats or idiots who get pushed around easily. Jory may be small but he is extremely protective of his loved ones and it's true he really is a trouble magnet and DAMN Sam & Jory may be married with kids but Holy Hell their sex scenes were freakin' HOT!!!! Even though Jory's my favorite I really loved the way Sam was in this book he's come a long long way from the way he was in the first one, you can actually feel how much he loves Jory not really in the things he says but in how intensely his actions are written. I loved how informed this book was from the security to even the minivan's features without it seeming boring, but more scene setting and it all comes across as seamless for me. 

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!! I can't say enough how much I love this entire series and it was a perfect ending to an incredible series. If you haven't read it yet please do I promise you will not be disappointed. And to Ms. Calmes Kudos to you for not only making me a huge fan of yours but for also writing such a great character like Jory that I will not only read again & again but will continue to think about long after.

No comments:

Post a Comment