Thursday, October 18, 2012

The Party Boy's Guide to Dating a Geek (Clumsy Cupid Guidebooks #1) by Piper Vaughn & Xara X. Xanakas


The Party Boy's Guide to Dating a Geek (Clumsy Cupid Guidebooks, #1)
Ashley Byrne only wants one thing in life: to finish his tattoo apprenticeship and fulfill his dream of owning his own shop. In the meantime, he spends his nights partying, flirting, and having sex. After all, what else is there for him to worry about? Aside from his hair and his clothes, not much. He’s hot, and rest assured no one knows it better than him. He’s also used to getting what he wants—until he meets Felipe Navarro.

Fee Navarro has everything he needs: a great IT job, a nice apartment, and all the high-tech toys his geeky heart could ever want. He doesn’t do casual, and he knows guys like Ash are nothing but. Ash may burn hot for Fee, but Fee isn’t willing to take a chance on a vain, little party boy with too many tats and an oversized ego. He wants someone to share his life with, and he won’t settle for anything less. Too bad Ash has never been the type to give up easily. He has a plan, and he’s not stopping until he proves he’s more than just a pretty face—he’s someone worthy of winning Fee’s heart.


                                                                    4.5 STARS

This story had me ROFL most of the time, the rest I spent in a few tears but mostly sighing (in a good way). It's a sweet book on how opposites attract and when we meet that incredible person, the depths we will go to  just to get their attention, and Lord help me the self help book was golden and had me wondering if such books exist o_0. Anyway I liked the characters and the changes they go through...I've always been told you can't change a person no you can't but when your with someone for so long I do believe we all change to an extent...I've been married for almost 20yrs and I am not the same person I was then (I get better with age) Damn inner perv got out again. 
 Ash's character made the biggest change not because he had to but because he grew up a little, started seeing the bigger picture instead of just living in the now, he was well written and I enjoyed his journey, the way his mind started to think and how he adapted to be more responsible I hope we get Ty's story soon I liked him. Fee I had a few issues with but being a little shy & nerdy myself I couldn't fault him for not being more open that was something his character learns throughout his relationship with Ash and adding in their issues with their own families that tugs at your heartstrings there's some serious emotional drama too. Never the less it's a fun book on how falling love can be a really funny situation, especially if were trying to get someone's attention, it also brings home that you should be yourself not make yourself into someone you think the other person would like. All in all I truly liked this story, it was funny, sexy and sweet. I Recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment