Thursday, October 25, 2012

Oceans Apart (Separate Ways #2) by Laura Harner


Oceans Apart (Separate Ways # 2)
It’s been two years since Lord Jamie Mainwaring and Detective Remy Remington worked and loved their way through their one and only case before going their separate ways.

Now Jamie is once again mixing agency business with pleasure as he and his partner, Agent Ryan Whiteside, are assigned to a case involving piracy in the Caribbean.

Remy and his old friend Miggy are still detectives, but they’ve gone private in Phoenix. When their biggest client sends them to supervise an unusual diamond transfer, they think their toughest challenge will be maintaining their cover as a gay couple on a barefoot-style cruise.

When murder connects the dots between the two cases, the four men must learn to work together as relationships and loyalties are tested amid misunderstandings and memories on the high seas.


                                                                     5+ STARS

This is the sequel to Continental Divide which I loved and have a review back around post #58 (don't know who to add link yet, what can I say self taught computer person here LOL) Anyway since I hate giving to much away about a plot I will say this is not the kind of storyline I usually love and to understand why I say that you'll have to read the book. It's an action packed adventure but it also has some beautiful but intense highly emotional moments that make this also a love story. Where to begin? Jamie & Ryan work together and have for 2 yrs when the previous book ended (you got to remember that part) they've been in a relationship for 1yr or so of that time but Jamie still deep down loves Remy also from previous book and honestly it's best to read that one first I think. Thats where we get how deep and intense Remy & Jamie's feelings run and why their both struggling with the decisions that they need to make now. On top of that they are thrown into a Diamond exchange that modern day pirates are interested in, Jamie & Remy haven't seen or spoken for 2 yrs so imagine their surprise when they see each other on a mini gay cruise with their back ups. Although Jamie & Ryan have a relationship it's rocky at best and Jamie can't get over Remy who has his own problems his "straight" best friend Miggy who we met in the first book not only owns a house and business with Remy they found Toby (also from the first book) got him cleaned up and back in school basically raised him as their son which was such a sweet cute part of this story.  But lately Miggy is thinking he may not be as straight as he thought since he is starting to have desires and feelings for Remy. Are you confused yet? No great because the book is written much better than my explanation is LOL. It's really a fast paced action packed story with this intriguing complex love story between two different couples plus the past love of Jamie & Remy. I found it utterly fascinating and I was so into it that I couldn't put it down til I finished it, my only question is: Is this the end or will their be another? I enjoyed this story so much because it wasn't afraid to ask the seriously difficult  questions and answered them accordingly and LOVED the James Bond references I'm a 007 fan and this story reminded me of that type of story again LOVED it. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND

 

No comments:

Post a Comment