Friday, October 26, 2012

Tigerland (Tigers and Devils #2) by Sean Kennedy


Tigerland

After an eventful and sometimes uncomfortably public courtship, Simon Murray and Declan Tyler settled into a comfortable life together. Now retired from the AFL, Declan works as a football commentator; Simon develops programs with queer content for a community television station.

Despite their public professional lives, Simon and Declan manage to keep their private life out of the spotlight. Their major concerns revolve around supporting their friends through infertility and relationship problems—until Greg Heyward, Declan’s ex-partner, outs himself in a transparent bid for attention.

Though Simon and Declan are furious with Greg and his media antics, they can’t agree on what to do about it. Declan insists they should maintain a dignified silence, but both he and Simon keep getting drawn into Heyward’s games. Simon and Declan will once again have to ride out the media storm before they can return their attention to what really matters: each other


                                                                            5 + STARS

I have had the privilege to have read some extremely AWESOME books lately, and this one is one of the tops for me. It's a sequel to Tigers & Devils which was about how Simon & Declan meet and became a couple and their trials & issues that they dealt with and worked through, so imagine my joy when I saw we would get to read a continuing of this wonderful couple. Simon is such a fun character because he's not perfect and readily admits his flaws, but doesn't change how he is Loved him! Even his insecurities when it comes to Heyward (I'm with Simon on this I won't call him Greg LOL). Simon's loyalty to Declan is admirable because I personally would have had to have my say to what Heyward starts. Declan is also a really sweet guy I mean you can almost see the love he has for Simon through his actions and words it's really an incredible love story. Usually I like some sex in my favorite stories (makes my inner perv happy) but honestly with this story I never even realized that there wasn't any in it, it's that well written! Not that it's completely pg rated but I honestly never even noticed the details weren't there. Truly this story is that well written!!! I also loved their friends and the couples since they each had their own problems to deal with, and their families were just hilarious the way Simon is with his brother Tim reminded me of me and mine it was just great writing. My favorite part of this entire book was the little getaway that Simon & Declan take when the drama from Heyward becomes to much, I could almost picture where they were it was a beautiful scene to this book. I won't give away the ending but I did feel it was a perfect one for this story. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND

No comments:

Post a Comment