Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Shattered Glass by Dani Alexander

A male prostitute, a mangy cat, a murder and an obsession that threatens his career, his impending marriage and his life. Nothing is going as planned for Austin Glass.

Austin Glass seems to have it all, A loving fiancee, a future with the FBI and a healthy sized trust fund. At least on the surface. He also has a grin and a wisecrack for every situation. But the smile he presents to the world hides a painful past he’s buried too deeply to remember, and his quips mask bitterness and insecurity. Austin has himself and most of the whole world fooled—until he meets a redhead in a pair of bunny slippers.

As events unfold in the biggest case of his life, Austin’s carefully planned future unravels, and he finds himself pushed into making quick, life-changing decisions. But can he trust himself or anything he feels, when each event seems to be just a series of volatile reactions? 
                                                        5 STARS

WOW! I just spent the entire night awake cuz i had to finish this book, as of right now this is my favorite book i have read so far and thats something considering i have read over 900 books since jan2011 ok. Where do i start hmm.....ok first off i thought i would hate it! Austin Glass the main character is the most hilarious, confused, hyper character i have ever met. I loved him! I mean everything from questioning his sexuality to trying to piss off his dad, to being a damn good detective was written so well and had me so hooked. Not many books have ever had me literally
on my toes till the end This one did even to the surprise ending just WOW! 
I don't think there was anything about this book that i didn't like of course i would have liked to know what Peter was thinking sometimes but then we would have lost the edge of your seat  suspense. The secondary characters played a big roll and I got a wonderful sense of they're stories without overshadowing or losing the main characters or story. Shattered Glass is brilliantly written and I will read this on again and again. I can't wait to see whats next with this author.

No comments:

Post a Comment