Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A Tryst of Fate by H.C. Brown

Obsessed by a portrait of deliciously handsome Lord Alexander Swift, millionaire art dealer, Colt Daniels finds himself transported back to 1775. In a time when man-love led to the hangman's noose, Colt must convince Alexander that he is the man's destiny.

After inheriting a Georgian house in Berkley Square, London, Colt Daniels, millionaire art dealer, finds himself obsessed by a portrait of the home's former owner, Lord Alexander Swift.
During a conversation with author, Jake Williams, Colt discovers Lord Swift and his cousin had mysteriously disappeared from the cellar one evening, shortly after Alexander's illicit affair with the rogue, David Fitzhugh. Jake reveals Colt bears a remarkable resemblance to Fitzhugh.
Colt decides to investigate Alexander's strange disappearance and ventures into his cellar late one night to look for a secret passageway. When his flashlight fails, Colt finds himself transported back in time to 1775 and there he comes face to face with the man of his dreams -- Lord Alexander Swift.
                                          4 STARS
This book was interesting, I mean I really liked the concept of going back in time, and meeting your true love. But it just went a little quick for me, I'm not a historical reader, I think it's cause of the prejudice against manlove. I find i don't like reading about that it kinda pisses me off. But it was still a really good read. I did like bringing Lord Swift back to 2012, I loved this part and learning the story behind previous things in the book. I would definitely read another book by this Author, and would recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment