Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Gasp! by Z.A. Maxfield


Gasp!
Jeff Paxton came home from Afghanistan looking for roots. Instead his pregnant sister talks him into a job babysitting the volatile megastar Nigel Gasp. Nigel is stubborn, needy, and determined to be the center of attention everywhere he goes. Before long, Jeff realizes that something is bothering Gasp, and that keeping him out of trouble might be more difficult than he thought.

Nigel never planned on getting old. He simply assumed a hard drinking, hard partying lifestyle would take care of that. Now that he's turning forty, he's depressed and a little bit desperate. To Nigel, forty seems like a fine age to deposit his DNA and check out while he's still on top.

The last thing Jeff needs is to fall in love with Nigel Gasp. The last thing Nigel expects is a whole new reason to live. But how can Jeff put down roots with a man who is never in the same place twice?

Love can be shocking. Gasp

                                                               4.5 STARS

Okay am I the only one who pictured Nigel Gasp as a rock star that we've seen on TV or in Concert? LOL Yeah me too. This was a fun read I laughed most of the time reading it, but theres some serious issues in it too and they are very serious. Like the cross dressing thing even though Nigel is wildly popular he's still afraid to really show that part of himself, I mean the disguising himself from paparazzi is part of it but he has this inner fear that he will need to overcome. And Jeff is just adorable I get why he doesn't just want to be a Gasp tag along and I am really glad that ZA Maxfield handled the whole cheating or not cheating aspect in such a great way. I think if it had been done in a different way I would not have enjoyed this book as well as I did. It's a story with many major issues that are addressed  in a way that it didn't feel too angsty, and it was a really fun read too. It made me wanna be a rock star LOL! No seriously there are so intense moments but I felt they were pleasantly evened out with romantic and funny moments. I Highly Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment