Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Second Hand (Tucker Springs #2) by Heidi Cullinan & Marie Sexton


Second Hand
Paul Hannon moved to Tucker Springs for his girlfriend, but she’s left him with a house he can’t afford and a pantry full of useless gadgets. All Paul wants is to get back to normal, even if he's not sure what that is anymore. When he wanders into Tucker Pawn for a gift to win her back, he meets El Rozal, pawn shop owner and all-around cynic.

El Rozal doesn’t do relationships, especially not with clueless straight boys still pining for their ex. El may make his living dealing in castoffs, but that doesn't apply to men. Still, when Paul starts clearing out his old life, pawning kitchen equipment he never wanted in the first place, El is drawn to Paul in spite of himself.

Paul and El have nothing in common except a past full of disappointments. There's no reason to believe the two of them could fit, but in El’s line of work, one man’s junk is another man’s treasure. When it comes to love, El and Paul may learn that secondhand doesn't mean second best


                                                                          4.75 STARS

I really enjoyed this couple their friendship and later relationship flowed really well, it didn't feel rushed or forced just very natural. I always love reading a story that seems very relaxed even with the issues (mainly Pauls) that they both deal with. And I'm really loving this town the people in it are so fricking funny, it makes it feel very homey (ok that's probably not a word but oh well) and the research that these wonderful authors did and brought out in this story about El's heritage and his family obligations I found totally and completely fascinating. I always love when I have finished a book and I feel I have learned something in the process.

I had a few issues with Paul and his issues, I mean there are times in this book I really wanted to smack him for being so clueless and don't get me started on Stacey I swear that girl pissed me off so bad and Paul in his cluelessness just lets her get by with it. I was so glad when he pulled his head outta his ass and El was just so adorable he really does try to keep his distance but he falls hard for Paul. And both of their families were so great I loved El's sister she was just to much, his mom even more LOL and I'm glad that El was such a nice guy, it makes you rout for him right off the bat.

I will Highly Recommend and if you haven't read the first book in this series which is Where the Nerves End by LA Witt even though Second Hand can be read as a standalone easily it's a great way to get more of the town.

No comments:

Post a Comment