Sunday, September 23, 2012

Steamroller by Mary Calmes


Steamroller
About the last thing Vincent Wade expected was for Carson Cress to ask him out. Vince is a dedicated biology student and a bit of a loner. Superstar quarterback Carson is larger than life, and he lives under a public microscope. There’s no way they should work. But Vince is learning that sometimes people just come steamrolling into your life and all you can do is hang on for the ride or lose your heart in the process. If their relationship can survive the fallout when an injury derails Carson’s future plans, maybe Vince can finally find something to believe in.
                                                     4.75 STARS

I absolutely loved this book, I laughed, I cried and enjoyed every minute of this book, only reason I didn't give it a 5 star was I would have liked it to be longer it's kinda a shorter story not short short but not A Matter of Time length either. Carson was a great character I loved that he really wanted Vince in his life no matter the consequences to either his family life or his football career, he just wanted Vince. And Vince was awesome I mean the shit he goes through with his own family I could understand his reservations in having a relationship with Carson, but like the song says the Heart don't Lie and its totally amazing the decisions Vince makes it has to be terrifying but he needs to take a chance on love.  I really liked their chemistry and how they complement each others attitudes, they just mesh really well. And I totally loved Carsons mom shes a good badass I wouldn't want to mess with that mama bear LOL. The secondary  characters in this story were hilarious Matt being a funny nut case I mean Vince could have easily have held a grudge but considering that Matt and his family take Vince in when he was left by his own family I loved that Matts family acted they way they did and were such wonderful people I really wish there were more people out there that were so open minded and loving like that.  I wouldn't mind reading more about this fun couple. I Highly Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment