Saturday, June 23, 2012

Acting Out (Calm and Chaos, #1) by Sharon Maria Bidwell

Acting Out (Calm and Chaos, #1)
When one man is the epitome of calm and the other of chaos, how will they ever admit to loving each other? Can a kiss really change everything?

Nick and Alex have made a very successful movie together. Now they need to decide whether their next project is another joint venture or they go their separate ways creatively. Then the perfect manuscript arrives, offering financial security and future opportunities.

For Nick, the film is his dream: amazing effects, wonderful script, a part every actor aspires to play, and a director everyone’s begging to work with. There’s one snag: Nick and Alex will have to get to rather personal on set.

He has to refuse even though Alex isn’t willing to take no for an answer, and sets out to talk Nick into it. Nick finally agrees, despite a nosy reporter and his brother turning against him. After all, it’s just pretence. It’s not as if he’s gay and wants to make out with his friend…not until Alex kisses him. Then life gets even more complicated and interesting.


                                                                               4.75 STARS 

I really liked this story, I did have some minor issues but I enjoyed the story so much they really didn't matter. 

I really got into Nick's character. I mean I can see why he is as stressed out as he is, and why it's never occurred to him that he may be gay it's not like he has been busy trying to be a successful actor and keeping his mind focused on succeeding that he doesn't want to disappoint anyone especially his family that he's buried his head in the sand so to speak. So he's very conscious of the character he will need to play in this movie that he has been chosen to play in, and what that could mean for not only himself, but his family too. He just can't say no to Alex.

 Now Alex on the other hand while I enjoyed the chemistry & playfulness between the two, most of the time I wanted to beat the hell outta him or at least make him pull his head outta his ass. I mean duh he helps his best friend come to terms with himself but he can't do the same for his own self? I did finally get to where he redeems himself but it takes awhile. And just a side note I really hated Nick's big brother Charles, I didn't like him at all. 

I really think you will enjoy this book, I seriously did. And I totally loved the play on Calm & Chaos so cute. I recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment