Tuesday, May 8, 2012

One Small Thing (One Thing #1) by Piper Vaughn & MJ O'Shea


One Small Thing
“Daddy” is not a title Rue Murray wanted, but he never thought he’d have sex with a woman either. Now he’s the unwitting father of a newborn named Alice. Between bartending and cosmetology school, Rue doesn’t have time for babies, but he can’t give her up. What Rue needs is a babysitter, and he’s running out of options. He’s on the verge of quitting school to watch Alice himself when he remembers his reclusive new neighbor, Erik.

Erik Van Nuys is a sci-fi novelist with anxiety issues to spare. He doesn’t like people in general, and he likes babies even less. Still, with his royalties dwindling, he could use the extra cash. Reluctantly, he takes on the role of manny—and even more reluctantly, he finds himself falling for Alice and her flamboyant father.

Rue and Erik are as different as two people can be, and Alice is the unlikeliest of babies, but Rue has never been happier than when Alice and Erik are by his side. At least, not until he receives an offer that puts all his dreams within reach and he’s forced to choose: the future he’s always wanted, or the family he thought he never did


                                                                  5 STARS 

When I read a book that not only entertains me but inspires me too I consider it an excellent read, One Small Thing is an excellent read! I can't tell you anything that I didn't like about it, nothing which for me is really something.

 Rue has one crazy moment and ends up a father, but to watch his struggles and desperation was honestly like a flash back as parents we have all struggled with familiar situations I know I have. But he refuses to give up and thats what makes him special, Alice is adorable and told in a way where she wasn't just a prop setting LOVED IT! 

Erik he's a geeky,smart guy whose obsessed with Star Wars (who isn't) and loves writing Science Fiction books. When his editor calls and wants him to turn his latest novel into a gay romance, he doesn't know where to start ( loved his research) so he helps out his neighbor Rue with babysitting Alice. I loved the slow build with these two, even the jealousy was well written and adorable and GOD I LOVED UNCLE DUSTPAN! please oh please write him a story he had to be my favorite character I just wanted to hold him he's soo cute.

The collaboration of MJ O'Shea & Piper Vaughn have produced some wonderful stories so far although One Small Thing is my favorite I can't wait to read more by these wonderful Authors. I recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment