Saturday, May 19, 2012

Redemption by Olivia Duncan Craig


Redemption
It’s a different world. Space has been colonized, the wealthy fly to work rather than drive, and slavery is legal.

Jason’s family has been ripped apart by tragedy. The only way he can save the ones left is to offer himself up as a bondmate. The more he’s willing to give, the higher the price he can command. And Jason is willing to give a lot.

Devin is wealthy and heartbroken after the wife he adored walked out on him. He isn’t looking for love. All he wants is a relationship he can control. Buying a bondmate seems like the perfect solution.

Yet when he purchases Jason’s contract, Devin gets more than he bargained for


                                                                  3.5 STARS 

I have mixed feelings about this one I liked it really well up to the ending, then it felt too rushed for me. The storyline had some holes and the MCs needed a little more info to make their chemistry work but like I said I really liked it upto the ending then it kinda fell apart for me. I was left with some questions to make this story complete at least for me.

Jason had his reasons for becoming a bondmate, what I didn't like about it was that most secondary characters and even Devin at some points made it like that was something to wipe your feet on you know? I mean they made it seem very derogatory, and that made me not like most of those characters at all. Jason is a good guy and I really liked his character, his confusion & stress of starting this new life was the only thing that made me keep reading this book. 

Devin I didn't like his character till the end honestly, he felt like too much of a follower did everything everybody else wanted him to and even seemed kinda mean in some places where he is written. I guess it feels like I had too many questions left unanswered about Devin. 

I will recommend because like I said there were some parts I really liked, the date for one and when Devin brings home fettuccine alfredo for Jason were some of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment