Monday, May 14, 2012

Redemption by Fire by Andrew Grey


Redemption by Fire
Dirk Krause is an asshole of the first degree. His life is a hell of his own making, and he makes everyone around him just as miserable. When he’s injured on the job while fighting a fire, he’s nearly unbearable to the hospital staff, and of course no one from his unit cares enough to visit.

Lee Stockton is the new guy at the station, so he gets saddled with the job of bringing Dirk a sympathy bouquet from the guys at the firehouse. To Dirk’s surprise, Lee sees through him like a pane of glass and doesn’t take any of his crap. Lee’s determined to get Dirk to stop being a dick just to push everyone away. When their fighting turns to fucking, will the fireworks shine brightly on a possible relationship or leave them with nothing but ashes?


                                                     4.5 STARS 

I picked this up mainly because of the blurb it sounded interesting and I thought WTH. This is only the second book I have read from this author honestly I didn't like the first one so I sorta stayed away, now I'm wondering why. I really enjoyed this book the whole closeted gay tough guy takes on a whole new dimension once Dirk has been hurt, the way he takes a look at his life is written very sincere and well done. There were still times I wanted to kick his ass but the "Love can conquer anything" storyline makes him realize what and how he has been living. It's a very eye opening short story, and the love story part is nicely done, not a love at first sight more of a lust then slowly falls in love storyline. I really enjoyed the secondary characters of course all but Dirks dad. 

And Lee is just a nice guy, who has to convince Dirk that there are people out there who will help you without wanting something in return. Dirk seems to struggle with this concept, but he's also a selfless hero who jumps before he thinks. I recommend this book and hope there will be more soon I liked it.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so very much for the review. I'm so glad you liked this story.

    ReplyDelete