Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Torn to Shreds by Sara York


Torn To Shreds
When Lucas Spires goes missing, his brother Amos turns to Brett Hutchings, an ex Marine, kicked out for being gay. After Amos betrayed him, forced him out of Lucas’s life and ended his career, Brett vowed to never to never to speak with, much less help Amos, until the end of eternity. But Brett can’t deny his need to save Lucas, the one guy he’s never been able to get out of his system, even if it means working for Amos.

The trail is cold, with Lucas missing for more than a month. The cops are clueless, unable to find even a hint that the young man was abducted instead of just wandering away. When Brett latches onto a trace of evidence, it looks like he’ll find Lucas, but the clue doesn’t pan out the way he thinks it should.

Lucas can’t take the abuse any longer. He’s at the end of his chain, literally. If he could escape into the mountains, he would, but the sick bastard attached a manacle to his leg, exerting his control physically. Lucas is desperate to escape his captor; all hope has vanished, crushing his spirit. Lucas dreams of a savior, but Brett walked away a long time ago, and he’s the only man strong enough to save Lucas

     
                                                                       2 STARS 

This is my second book by Ms. York, now I loved the first book I read, neither book is part of a series or anything, but this one I just could not get into. I mean Lucas really goes through hell, and his only family is a total douche bag, I felt after everything Lucas went through, for me in this book adding the crap with Amos was too much drama way too much it felt like overkill. Honestly I really would have liked to know how this kid survived what he went through and how he dealt with it. Brett I was just lost on this guy completely.

I didn't like this book it was way too dark for me, Since I did love Ms. York's first book that I read I would buy another from this author, I honestly felt like these two book were written by different people, they are that different in writing techniques. If you want to read a book that isn't anywhere as dark as this one try Not that Type of Guy by Sara York, I enjoyed that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment