Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Barnabas Leopold (Beyond the Marius Brothers #3) by Joyee Flynn


Barnabas Leopold (Beyond the Marius Brothers, #3)
Barnabas Leopold is a kind and intelligent half fae, half vampire who comes home to lead the East Coast Council. With the loss of his entire family, Barnabas longs for love to make him feel whole.

Miles Juniper, Barnabas's head of security, is fiercely protective of his charge, especially after he realizes they are mates. After several misunderstandings, he believes that Barnabas doesn't love him while everything he does is because of his love for Barnabas.

Digger Slane, on the other hand, walks into their mess with his heart on his sleeve when he realizes he's mated to them. His is eager to help Barnabas and Miles resolve their issues so that all three of them may become true mates.

Will these men have a chance to truly explore and enjoy the love they share with one another, or will they be torn apart by demons intent on destroying the last Leopold?


                                              4.5 STARS

I love this series, I love how all three series' interact so that I get to see some of my favorites from previous books, I love how each story is so individual that I don't ever feel like I've read this before. And I gotta say that can not be an easy thing for any author to do, yet I always feel as though I'm reading an original story from Ms. Flynn everytime.

Barnabas took me a little by surprise, he's got this tough side that comes across yet he's completely insecure in his weight something that he struggles with constantly. He's been in love with Miles his bodyguard since he was fifteen yet Miles pushes him away everytime, which threw me since Miles is his mate right? But bring in Digger who is also Bas & Miles mate and you get one hell of an interesting story. 

There are times I really wanted to beat the hell out of Miles, and Bas both but then we get a major confrontation(sorta) that brings the reasons and the purpose to light which I really liked by the way. Add in some interesting supernatural stuff and wha-la I couldn't put it down I needed to finish it so I sat up till 3am to finish it (and getting up at 5:30am) I recommend I like a story that lets me escape my real life crazyness and enjoy a fantasy or two, this entire series does that for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment