Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Frat Boy and Toppy by Anne Tenino



Frat Boy and ToppyBrad is great at meeting other people’s expectations. But his own? Not so much. Take the gay thing. Okay, so yeah. It took a morning meeting with a frat brother’s hairy, naked ass for him to admit it, but he knows the truth about himself now. Let the gay life commence.

Unfortunately, it’s not that easy. He hasn’t quite determined how to come out to anyone, even Sebastian, the geeky-hot TA in his history class. Sebastian is everything Brad is not. Intellectual, suave, hairy. Out. And he doesn’t seem interested in Brad, even when Brad makes a fool of himself trying to catch his notice.

Score one for foolery: Sebastian does more than notice Brad; he takes him to bed. Brad’s been with plenty of girls, but with Sebastian, the sex is something else entirely—hot, mind-blowing, affirming, and a little domineering in a way that drives him wild. But when great sex turns into something more—dare he admit the “L” word?—Brad must face the crushing realization that Sebastian doesn’t feel the same. Unless, of course, he does. After all, even grad students can be idiots about matters of the heart.

                                                       4.75 STARS 

I hadn't planned on liking this book, I had read a couple of reviews that made me think I might not like it. But of course I should take my own advice and realize it's just another's opinion and there are so many factors in how you may or may not like a book, like what kind of day they've had, or if something is just not connecting with that person. I do it all the time I mean if I really don't like a book, I will usually read it twice just to be sure that it's not just me having a bad day or me being frustrated about something. If I don't like it the second time I will review it as such.

 My advice if it sounds appealing to you go for it some of my absolute favorite books got bad reviews and it's usually not because it wasn't good it was all in who knows who same with good reviews, if one of my favorite authors write a book that I don't like I'm going to say it but it's also not a mark against that author, it just means that book didn't do it for me. I will still buy books from my favorite authors, You say favorite authors? Yes those are the authors that have more than two or three books that I absolutely adore. That have captured my heart and I want more the ones that I know will entertain me and have earned that trust. 

Ok sorry got off on a rant, now back to this awesome book i just finished. there wasn't anything that I didn't like about it except for maybe I want more now, I want Collins story too and maybe even find out Kyle's a little more than just curious LOL. Loved this story it's sweet and not overly dramatic I did shed a tear or two but it was sooo worth it. I mean Brad even being a jock type guy wanting to bottom for smart, sexy,  and a little bit shorter Sebastian was Hot as hell. I mean the sex was off the charts, I need a smoke and I don't smoke, kinda Hot! and the hilarious way the secondary characters act, even the coming out with the fraternity guys was so sweet and funny I'm telling you this is a book you gotta read, I'm sitting here still smiling it's a great story that will leave you believing in falling in love. I recommend this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment