Friday, April 13, 2012

Brothers in Arms by Kendall McKenna


Brothers in Arms
Jonah Carver is a Marine Staff Sergeant and veteran of both Iraq and Afghanistan. After one scorching night with his former Platoon Commander, Kellan Reynolds, Jonah lost touch with him and has regretted it ever since. When an investigation into government corruption and the murder of U.S. troops ends in the killing of a V.I.P. on Jonah's watch, the FBI arrive to take over and see the investigation through. With them, is Kellan Reynolds. Once more in each other's company, the sparks fly, just like they did before. Jonah begins to believe in second chances.

Nothing is very quite that easy, though. The subjects of the investigation will stop at nothing to bring it to an end. Jonah must keep everyone in his charge alive while he helps the FBI and Kellan find the proof they need to put a stop to the corruption.

When Kellan is kidnapped by the subjects of the investigation, Jonah has to find him and rescue him. If he doesn't, not only might the investigation unravel, but he'll lose Kellan for a second time...this time, for good.

                                                 3 STARS 
I gotta say the plot to this story was a really good idea but the love storyline between the two main characters was totally lost it needed more interaction between them for me to get involved, as a political espionage story it has merit but I really needed more between Jonah and Kellan for me to like this book. I will say it could have been a really great story but the romance part just fell through for me, sorry but I won't be recommending this one it just didn't work for me. Also there seemed like alot of info was missing at the end for me to believe they were even together still I just really needed more for me to enjoy this book, that's not to say I wouldn't read a different book by this author she had some really good ideas and I would try another one.

No comments:

Post a Comment