Friday, April 27, 2012

Battle of Hearts by Valentina Heart


Battle of Hearts
Living in a world where vampires can't stand the sight of shifters, and shifters gag at the smell of vamps, is anything but easy for a wolf and a cougar, especially with a vicious war always at their doorstep and vampires decimating their species.

Valerian is the Alpha of a pack, a fighter and an unemotional killer, but one whose skill has kept him alive. On one of his missions, among captured shifters, he finds the cougar Teddy, his mate.

Things would be simple if either of them actually wanted a mate, but on top of the fact that they don't, there is also a small issue of clashing personalities - they are more likely to attack first, have sex if they survive.


                                                       2 STARS 

What can I say I did not like this book at all, it has a warrior feel to it which usually I like but this one no. I felt the love story was lost in all the blood & gore that is involved I mean the story for me got lost somewhere and Valerian is an ass, seriously I couldn't find anything that would make me like this character at all. He's a jerk who doesn't even know how many kids he even has or who they are and basically the first time he has sex with his mate felt a little too much forced. And Teddy is put through so much angst & drama it was too much, Teddy I could have liked but we never really get to meet him, and don't even get me started on the kids I was like WTH? then the whole last half of the book felt creepy bordering on my limits of subjects that I would read about. I'm sorry to say but I wouldn't recommend this book. I will say that I was disappointed, the last book I read by this author was fun & I really liked it, so I was completely surprised with the dark situations in this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment