Monday, August 27, 2012

But My Boyfriend Is (Florida Books #4) by K.A. Mitchell


But My Boyfriend Is (Florida Books, #4)
The most dangerous lies are the ones you tell yourself.

Dylan Williams is not gay. Sometimes he gets off with other guys, but so what? He plans to get married someday—really married, like with a wife and kids. And he’s determined that his future family’s life will be the normal one he and his brothers never had.

Mike Aurietta is gay, but his job keeps him in the closet. He doesn’t usually risk frequenting infamous cruising places like Webber Park. But when he’s cutting through one night, he finds himself defending a victim from gay bashers.

It’s all Dylan can do to process the shock that anyone would want to hurt his quiet twin brother. At first he needs Mike’s eyewitness report to satisfy the gut-wrenching desire for revenge. Then he finds himself needing Mike’s solid, comforting presence…and the heat that unexpectedly flares between them.

In the aftermath, Mike quickly learns not to expect too much from his conflicted lover. Though he never thought his good deed would come back to bite him in the ass. Or that hanging on to the possibility of love could force too many secrets out of the closet—and cost them both everything.

                      3.5 STARS 


I have to say this is one of the hardest reviews I have had to write, while I am a big fan of KA Mitchell books, I didn't love this one. I felt it had a darker tone to it than the previous books I have read by her. Although there are great moments in this story, Dylan just never grew on me, the more I read of him the more I didn't like (yes that is very unusual). Maybe it was that I never really got into their characters either one Mike or Dylan and felt left with alot of questions that remained unanswered for me. I had pre-ordered this story because dammit it was a KA Mitchell book how could I not? And even though the relationship between the two MC's didn't work for me, there are redeeming points in it like Aaron & Joey I love, love, love this couple and they (especially Joey) bring a lighter tone to the angst within this story also so insight to Dylans character too. Mike saving Dare from a bashing leads Dylan whose Dare's twin to meeting Mike, but from there I couldn't feel any chemistry, maybe it was because Dylans so angry all the time it feels like he's just using Mike, so I struggled seeing there relationship as anything more than fuck buddies. And though this couple didn't work for me I will recommend because dammit it's a KA Mitchell book and it's still not to be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment