Thursday, August 30, 2012

Point of No Return by N.R. Walker


Point of No Return
Matthew Elliot is one of LA's best detectives. He's been labelled the golden boy of the Fab Four; a team of four detectives who've closed down drug-rings all over the city. He’s smart, tough and exceptionally good at his job.

He's also a closeted gay man.

Enter Kira Takeo Franco, the new boxing coach at the gym. Matthew can't deny his immediate attraction to the man his fellow cops know as Frankie. But in allowing himself to fall in love with a man known to his colleagues, Matthew risks outing them both. Matt and Kira work to keep their relationship and private lives hidden from Matt's very public life, fearing it would be detrimental to their careers.

But it's not the other cops who Matthew should be worried about finding out his deepest, darkest secret... it's the bad guys.

                                                           5 STARS 

This is my first NR Walker book, which I saw on rarelydustybooks blog that she put on her gotta read list, read the blurb and liked what I read decided to buy it and Damn I'm glad. I loved this story there's drama, some laughs, major action and some really really Hot sex! The  story is told from Matthew's POV and he explains what it's like to be a gay in the closet Detective, he's even afraid to tell his partner whose also his best friend. It's kinda easy for him to stay in the closet until he meets his new boxing trainer at the gym, then sparks fly and all hell breaks loose. LOL I enjoyed the conflicts, and the falling in love between Matt & Kira (I loved the play on the name) There's also the bad guys that Matt and his team are trying to catch if they don't get to Matt first. The mystery and trying to figure it out was intriguing and kept me bouncing in my seat till the end, the consequences of going after the bad guys caught me by surprise but in a really good way. This is simply a great story it had everything that I really enjoyed all wrapped up in this fun, exciting romantic love story. I Highly Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment