Sunday, August 26, 2012

The Square Peg by Jane Davitt, Alexa Snow


The Square Peg
Benedict, a successful accountant, who's just been dumped for being boring, is surprised and pleased to learn that he's inherited half ownership in a gay bar from his estranged father, seeing it as a chance to get out of his rut. That's until he meets his new partner, a mouthy, disturbingly hot Brit called Shane, and discovers that the bar's in the red and Shane's not interested in renovations that could drive away their regulars.

When a late-night confrontation turns into the hottest sex either of them has experienced, they realize there's one way to fit a square peg into a round hole, but are they solving problems or papering over the cracks? As they explore the new dynamic between them, pushing their limits until Ben's shocked at where his desire to dominate Shane takes him, the renovations to the bar begin. They're building something new, something good -- but fear and an unexpected act of violence may tear down what they've created.

                                                        4 STARS 

I bought this book because the blurb caught my attention, it's a really good story, funny, sexy and a very little drama. It's mostly about Benedict & Shane trying to figure out their relationship and what they both want out of it. Benedict is also trying to change the perception of himself after a nasty breakup. The part that caught me in this story is the fact that Shane is normally an in charge kinda guy, but submits to Benedict during sex, while Benedict is usually a very passive guy becomes extremely dominate in his relationship with Shane. The way their relationship is written was intriguing to me their reversal of roles in this book just fascinated me, and it's done so well that I didn't feel like I was reading two different couples they stayed true to their characters just expanded them in the bedroom (or office or ladies room or on the pool table) ok you get my drift right? The sex is intense but very Hot as well, I would have rated this higher but the plot kinda feel apart for me, this story is really more about this couple and the "action" part just didn't work for me. But I really enjoyed even the secondary characters and hope to get Justin's story soon his ending in this one sounded fascinating so I truly hope to read his story soon. I recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment