Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Unassumed (Tate Pack #4) by Vicktor Alexander


Unassumed (Tate Pack, #4)
Howell Lourge Marshall wasn't afraid of anything. He wasn't afraid of having a mate, he wasn't afraid of having kids and he especially wasn't afraid of falling in love. He just chose not to have those things.

Michael Prosace has already lost his pack and most of his family because he chose to live his life as a proud, though deaf, gay man who is also transgender. He is almost completely satisfied with his life, so when he finally meets his mate Howell, he just knows that his life was finally going to be complete.

But Howell is from the Tate pack and trouble seems to follow these shape-shifting cowboys around. Before Howell and Michael will be able to explore their deep feelings for each other and a connection that goes back further than they expected, the two men will have to deal with danger, bigotry, murder, and six unexpected additions to their very unconventional family.

                                                                 4.75 STARS 

I love to read a book that teaches me something, I know I've said that before but I'm a firm believer that reading of any kind will expand your mind. And it excites me when I feel like I have been taught either something useful or taught about someone that makes me stop and evaluate my previous thinking in which this story did. I haven't ever really stopped to think about the letters in LGBTQ seriously until I started to read this series. In which case Mr. Alexander has not only taught me some amazing things but made me understand who these letters stand for as individuals. So I applaud you Mr. Alexander and hope to be able to teach my own children the lessons you have brought to my attention.

Now to talk about this book, I loved it, the challenges for Michael alone would have had me on the edge of my seat till the end, throw in Howell's issues and it was such an awesome ride that I felt I needed to finish it. Usually a mate storyline goes a certain way, but I have to say with the Tate Pack series I have been taken off guard more times than I can count and totally enjoyed it each time. I just bought the anthology that I believe is next in this series but can't wait for more. I Recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment