Thursday, August 9, 2012

The General's Lover (Assassin / Shifter) by Sandrine Gasq-Dion


The General's Lover (Assassin/Shifter book Seven)
Book Seven

Special Agent James Pruitt as been in love with one man for years, the gorgeous - and possibly straight - General Derek Jacobs. All he wants is for Derek to return his love, but the general's career comes first and he keeps an emotional distance. When Derek asks James to go on vacation with him, it seems that the dream is about to come true.

Bad-ass General Derek Jacobs is finally ready to retire from the Army and run his Skull Blaster sniper team full time. He's also finally ready to take the only man he's ever loved and make him his.

But true love never does run smoothly and both men are tested along the way. Will years of longing finally be fulfilled? Or will their chance at love pass them by?

This book contains explicit sexual situations, graphic language, and material that some readers may find objectionable: male/male sexual practices, violence.


                                                5 STARS 

I have to say that this is one of my favorite books that I have read so far this year, it's also one of my top favorite series' too. For me this series is so exciting because it's not only all about shifters and their mates but also human assassin's and military guys so you get such an interesting and fascinating combination of relationships.

This story is about my favorite couple James & Derek, we've gotten a glimpse of each of their characters in previous books so I have been waiting for their story for awhile. This story is action packed, with some major Scorching HOT sex scenes (sorry inner perv had to sneak that in) and an intense love story that in my opinion is epic. The action story line not only introduces some new and clearly exciting characters but also we get the couples from previous books which ties it all together so nicely. I'm so in love with Riley!

James' character is awesome, he's a tough guy but not afraid to show his feelings and he's been in love with the General for years. But Derek's far in the closet because of his career. So things start to go insane when the General decides to retire right when James gets himself kidnapped by terrorists and Derek wonders if he's lost the man he's been in love with for years before he's even kissed him. There are some absolutely hilarious moments in this story that had me rolling on the floor, and did I mention the sex, yeah I don't think I'll be able to look at my desk again and not think of this story...smirking....throw in some serious issues and some serious on the edge of your seat action and you get a story that ROCKS!

I loved this story, but then again I truly truly love this whole series. I feel as if I know these characters so you can imagine how much I'm bouncing off walls waiting on the next book in this series. They're entertaining and exciting and I HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

No comments:

Post a Comment