Friday, August 31, 2012

Texas Heat (Texas #3) by R.J. Scott


Texas Heat (Texas, #3)
Riley and Jack Campbell-Hayes are in a good place. Jack is expanding the DD and training quarter horses, Riley is so close to his first ethical based contract that he can almost taste it and Hayley is nearly ten and happy as all out.

Jack hires Robbie, a man recovering from a great loss, to be his right hand man. Meanwhile Riley's mischievous photographer friend, Eli, decides the DD is the perfect backdrop for a cowboy themed model shoot. Eli has secrets not even Riley knows about but despite what he is hiding he falls in lust with Robbie at first sight. Everyone except Robbie can see how perfect Eli would be for him.

What happens when secrets spill and lies are discovered? And just how far will Riley and Jack go to play matchmaker?

Against the backdrop of twenty half naked models on DD land, and in the midst of fighting the oil establishment that just won't give Riley a chance, Texas Heat is the story of one hot summer in Texas with a Gay Rodeo, humor, angst and a love between two men that just grows stronger every day.


                                                                        5 STARS 

Is it bad that I loved this book more for the fact that it's mostly about Riley & Jack with a side couple thrown in? I had put off reading it thinking we'd only get a little bit of the hottest couple ever so I was really happy to be wrong. Jack & Riley have to be one of my absolute top favorite couples, their story is fascinating, incredibly well written, on top of being Hot as Hell. Texas Heat was such a well rounded story there's action, drama, ROFL moments and an intense beautiful love story that I wouldn't mind reading more about. Plus we get an additional couple to root for, though Robbie and Eli had their own individual issues to work through I felt that the main story was about Jack & Riley and how their lives have changed being together. I will say I adored this story, and this series is another comfort read of mine, it's just so intense but beautiful that I can't help but smile when I do. I Highly Recommend but I really think if you haven't read this series please do it's a really wonderful story.

No comments:

Post a Comment