Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Stars & Stripes (Cut & Run #6) by Abigail Roux


Stars & Stripes (Cut & Run, #6)
Special Agents Ty Grady and Zane Garrett have managed the impossible: a few months of peace and quiet. After nearly a year of personal and professional turmoil, they're living together conflict-free, work is going smoothly, and they're both happy, healthy, and home every night before dark. But anyone who knows them knows that can’t possibly last.

When an emergency call from home upsets the balance of their carefully arranged world, Ty and Zane must juggle family drama with a perplexing crime to save a helpless victim before time runs out.

From the mountains of West Virginia to a remote Texas horse ranch harboring more than just livestock and childhood memories, Ty and Zane must face their fears—and their families—to overcome an unlikely enemy and bring peace back into their newly shared world.

                                    
                                                                      5++ STARS 

There are only two series that I have read that are more than two books so far that I would rate every book a 5 star, this is one of those it's also my comfort read, any books in this series I can go to when I'm feeling lost in myself and it settles me. Yeah even though most of this series is a high action packed thrill ride, there is just something about these two characters that bring me peace.  

Now onto Stars & Stripes this story isn't as high packed action (although there is enough in it to have my biting my nails) but we get such an amazing insight into Ty & Zane that I never felt it was missing or anything. There's still a mystery but this time it involves both of their families as each decides to come out to their families.
And I gotta say I laughed so much in Stars & Stripes that I had to immediately read it again.

There's no way I can say which character is my favorite in book #6 because I love the way each one has evolved. Ty's family when he comes out is fucking hilarious and I loved every minute of that part of this story, especially grandpa LOL. And I would love to get to read more about Ty & his family, they were fascinating in their reactions and they are such a loving family. But they're also so good to Zane in accepting him, and making him feel welcomed to their family.

Zane in his emergency having to go home to Texas was more action packed and here lies the mystery/case but it was also fascinating watching the differences in the way Ty & Zane each react to their families. Zane's coming out is a lot different and the reactions are a lot different I will say his mother's a bitch plain & simple but his dad and sister are awesome. I liked that Ty showed up right when Zane needed him. I gotta say this mystery/case was fun but still exciting as hell, I mean fricking Bengal tiger's WTF? and only Ty could get mixed up in all that LOL you gotta read it I loved every moment in this story and honestly it has become my favorite in this series so far. I can't wait to see what's next for these two I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

No comments:

Post a Comment