Saturday, August 4, 2012

The Isle of...Where? by Sue Brown


The Isle of...Where?
When Liam Marshall’s best friend, Alex, loses his fight with colon cancer, he leaves Liam one final request: buy a ticket to Ryde, on the Isle of Wight, and scatter Alex’s ashes off the pier. Liam is tired, worn out, and in desperate need of a vacation, but instead of sun, sea, sand, and hot cabana boys, he gets a rickety old train, revolting kids, and no Ewan MacGregor.

Liam would have done anything for his friend, but fulfilling Alex’s final wish means letting go off the only family Liam had left. Lost, he freezes on the pier… until Sam Owens comes to his rescue.

Sam’s family has vacationed on the Isle of Wight every year for as long as he can remember, but he’s never met anyone like Liam. Determined to make Liam’s vacation one to remember, Sam looks after him—in and out of the bedroom. He even introduces Liam to his entire family. But as Sam helps Liam let go, he’s forced to admit that he wants Liam to hang on—not to his old life, but to Sam and what they have together

                                                   4.75 STARS 


This is my first Sue Brown book, mainly because I had heard that her books never have a happy ending HUH? Boy I wish I hadn't listened this story was awesome! I know not every story can have a HEA but I kinda like if they at least have a HFN. So I put off buying a Ms. Brown book but the blurb on this one wouldn't let me pass it by, and I am soo glad I didn't. The story between Liam & Sam is beautiful it's intense but absolutely beautiful. I laughed (Sam's driving) I cried (a few times actually) and Damn is it Hot! too. 


I have been told that I'm not as in depth as other reviewer's...shrugs shoulders...but I don't think you need to rehash the whole story just to recommend it. I hate giving away too much it takes away the joy of reading it for myself, that's how I feel anyway. So Liam is sent to The Isle of Wight to spread his best friends ashes, whom he had taken care of as Alex's was fighting cancer. One this was a beautiful friend relationship to start with, and I would hope everyone of us would love someone enough to be there be it family friend or lover.
So Liam's off to finish his task where he struggles to let go then along comes Sam who not only sweeps him off his feet but takes care of him also which is something Liam needs badly.


Sam was adorable, wanting to help a stranger then falling in love with Liam, the love story is sweet but emotional not too angsty but intense. The whole Liam going home scene about killed me it was heart wrenching but beautiful, but the story after that I have to say makes me want to read more from this author. I enjoyed this book even though both Liam & Sam have a few issues to work through it was a sweet love story that needs to be read. I Recommend.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the review. I've just found this. Even more thanks for taking the chance on me(There is only one book without at least a HFN).

    ReplyDelete